Twitter may seem like a sea of endless messages of only a 140 characters from millions of users however, if you can use it efficiently and strategically your tweets will be able to stand out. Twitter 101 will teach you the basics of the importance and the basic strategies to get you started on your twitter endeavours.
Twitter is a necessity for any business because it strengthens your brand. A strong brand will immediately draw your audience to your company. With twitter it increases the credibility and awareness of your business which will increase traffic and create new leads. All in all, it is a great tool to show off and promote your business. Although, in order to receive results it is important you are active. Your target audience wants to see that you are just as active as them. If you’re engaging with your audience, the connection will be stronger resulting into potential new clients.
So a few tips and tricks to start you off:
- Do not recklessly add whoever you want on Twitter. Make sure you are following your target audience and build a network that will be interested in your business.
- Try to keep your followers and people you are following a close enough ratio to each other. For example, if you are following 1900 people and your followers are only 700 you won’t be able to add people.
- Create a catchy tag line for yourself and add your logo for your profile picture
- Hash Tags are used to describe what your tweet is about. Eg. #word
- Re Tweet aka RT @username. This is one way to engage with your audience, by starting a conversation
- Implement your Twitter on your website
Alright, this seems like a lot of dedication and work for one person to do. Therefore you can hire people to do it for you. This is called Twitter Management. For example, here at Longevity Graphics we offer Twitter Management services. We monitor and maintain your Twitter account while you are free to concentrate on your business. So, don’t be afraid of Twitter, instead take the challenge and use Twitter to create a strong business.