Part of StrongerBC, B.C’s Economic Recovery Plan is introducing the Launch Online Grant program investing $12 million to help small and medium-sized businesses move their business model online.
This grant provides funding to BC businesses to create an online shop and/or improve its experience to attract new customers and expand to new markets.
The grant pays up to 75% of eligible expenses with a maximum of $7,500 for each business.
It is first come first served so be sure to get the funding while it lasts.
- BC-based business
- Under 149 employees
- Sales of more than $30,000 in the past year
- Does not have an online store currently or has an online store that has a limitation
What the Funding Covers
Funding will help up to 75% of the expenses such as:
- Service provider costs:
- Platform and website development
- Copy and online content writing
- Developing an online inventory of goods and products
- Pictures (including a photographer), stock photos
Digital customer costs:
- E-commerce platform subscription (up to 1 year)
- Online advertising (up to 1 year)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Banners and other embedded advertising
- Staff training to manage the online shop, learn about digital marketing, etc.
- Successful applicants must use one or more B.C-based service provider(s) to build or improve their online store. You can search for a local service provider here.
- You must start and finish your online shop within 12 weeks
- You must submit a project proposal in order to get funding
Find the full details of the Launch Online Grant here.