We Are Hiring a Web Developer – Grow With Us

Who You Are

Are you a web developer with three years experience or more?
Are you tired of fighting traffic and the long commute to Vancouver?
Does your current job not provide you with opportunities to grow your skills?
Do you enjoy working collaboratively with a tight-knit team?
Do you value providing exceptional customer service and personal attention to clients?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you might be a good fit for this position.

Who We Are

We are a growing web design and internet marketing firm located in Port Coquitlam. Our clients are hardworking people who make an honest living working in the service industries. We use white-hat SEO and ethical marketing strategies to help our clients grow their businesses.

We are currently looking for a web developer. We value real-time, face-to-face interaction between team members to create a more intimate, team-oriented work environment. Subcontractors will not be considered and telecommuting is not an option.

This is a full-time position with benefits.

Responsibilities will include:

– Updating customer’s existing websites via wordpress as well as hand built html and php websites
– Developing new websites from scratch and using various CMSs
– Optimizing HTML elements of websites

CSS, HTML, PHP and wordpress experience required

This is an excellent opportunity to grow with our company. Please send your resume to [email protected].

The SEO Project Details

The Last Door contracted Longevity Graphics 2 years ago to help with organic SEO, Paid Advertising optimization, and landing page creation/onsite conversion optimization.

The goal of the original contract was to increase traffic by 200%. We were able to blow that goal out of the water with a 500% increase. Needless to say, Last Door is very happy with the results, and we look forward to continuing working with them on their online presence and organic SEO results.

See below for the amazing SEO review provided by Last Door

About the Last Door

The Last Door is a non-profit organization that has been working with youth, families and adults for almost 30 years.

“The provision of the therapeutic environments where individuals and families experiencing addiction can gain support and guidance to restore themselves to mental, spiritual, physical and emotional health.”

Here is the SEO review:

“To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing a letter of reference for Longevity Graphics, they have managed Last Door Recovery Society’s SEO Optimization and Google Ad Words/Organics Account for two years for a website we had designed 5 years ago from a different web designer. Their services have been professional, efficient, productive and beneficial to the organization.

Since the website www.lastdoor.org was optimized for Google and Bing, the number of unique hits to the website rose 500%. Last Door is listed on page one for our target market in Google Organics, while our paid Google Ads are receiving maximum exposure with “call to action” per click.

Last Door intends on renewing its annual monthly maintenance contract with Longevity Graphics and has requested a quote from them to redesign our entire website due to their creative solutions for optimal web traffic. Last Door Recovery Society operates residential treatment programs for individuals with substance abuse issues for 30 years and relies on the internet for informing the public of our services to ensure our programs are utilized every day.

Giuseppe Ganci
Director of Community Development
Last Door Recovery Society”

Thanks again Guiseppe for your kind words!

We are excited to announce that we have a new team member. Ryan Jaeger, a third year student at Simon Fraser University, is Longevity’s first data analyst. Ryan specializes in working with information and creating quality back links for clients. We sat down with Ryan and asked him a few questions about himself. Here is the interview:

B: Hi Ryan, how are you doing today?

R: Hi Ben, I’m doing great. I am having a lot of fun during my first day at work.

Fantastic! The first question I have on my sheet is: what degree are you currently working towards?

R: Right now I am studying environmental sciences at Simon Fraser University. I am pretty passionate about the environment, and I am planning on helping restore ecosystems as a career.

B: What draws you to working in marketing and with data?

R: I have always been a very organized and focused person. Something that I have found I can do better than most people is just put my head down and work on a task, sometimes for twelve hours at a time. It’s kind of strange but I like getting immersed in a task, even if it is something monotonous like entering data.

B: What is your favorite part of marketing?

R: I find back linking relaxing, and I do a lot of it. Having quality back links for a site is paramount for any page that hopes to rank in Google search results.

B: Describe your personality

R: I’m not really sure what to say *laughs – I guess you could consider me fairly outgoing. I’m pretty playful and am usually having fun with whatever I do.

B: What are your hobbies

R: I like to be outside; hiking in North Vancouver is something I really enjoy. I also love skiing and will go whenever I get the chance.

B: Thanks a lot Ryan, I’ll let you get back to your work- Welcome to the team!

Michelle Longevity Grapics

Longevity Graphics would like to welcome Michelle to the team! She joined our team as a marketing assistant on November 12th, 2013 and is currently a third year student at Simon Fraser University studying Communications.

We asked her a few questions for this article: 

How are you liking your major?

I’m loving it so far! I’m taking different classes in the field and there are many areas that I’m interested in. It would be hard to pick just one.

Why are you interested in online marketing?

michelle Longevity Graphic

I’ve always been curious about the cyber world. Ever since middle school, I would come home from school, go on the computer, and try to teach myself HTML. I guess I was kind of an internet junkie. I eventually found myself blogging about things I’m interested in, such as fashion and beauty products. I don’t blog much anymore unfortunately due to work and school.

How do you balance work, school, family, and friends?

A lot of deep breathing. Whenever it gets too much for me I just take a second to sit down and inhale/exhale three deep breaths. It really calms my mind down, which helps me focus better.

What are your career goals?

As of right now, I’m not too sure about that yet. I’m still exploring my options and finding something that would suit me. Online marketing seemed like something I would enjoy so I decided to give it a go!

What are your hobbies and interests?

This might sound really generic, but I’m really interested in fashion. In my free time, I enjoy thinking of new outfit designs and sometimes drawing them out.

Describe your personality.

I’m very chilled and laid back. Even under stress, I always find a way to keep myself calm because I know I produce my best work when I’m not in panic mode.

We look forward to mentoring her and watching her grow professionally!

The Christmas season is fast approaching. Everyone is getting in gear and preparing for the holidays. However, Christmas is the time of year where we also have to think about families and individuals that cannot afford to have a memorable Christmas. We believe by taking time out of our busy schedules and giving back to our community that we can at least brighten up someones day.  Here at Longevity Graphics, we have sponsored a family through Share Society. Share Society is a non – profit organization that strives to help families and communities. They have many different programs for residents of the Tri Cities area that do not have the means to access help.

We are making a food hamper, providing clothes, baby diapers and formulas for a family of two. We hope with our help and contribution that it will bring their family closer together. Our goal is to make sure the family can experience a Christmas holiday that once seemed impossible.  Aside from helping families in need, we are also helping the homeless in the Tri – Cities area. The Tri – Cities center have very few shelters and food banks for the homeless. Compared to the downtown east side, the Tri Cities are lacking the help they need to assist the homeless. We are taking the initiative to help the homeless in the Tri Cities area by providing toques, gloves, underwear, socks, razors and personal hygiene products.

The Christmas holiday is defiantly going to be a memorable one, not just for us but for everyone that we took the time to help.  So, we encourage you to also take the time out of your busy schedule and give a helping hand. With just one simple gesture can impact a family or an individual’s life forever,  that can never be replaced.