Are you thinking about starting a business in Port Coquitlam? We’ve gathered some resources to help you get started.
Visit the City of Port Coquitlam Website
The City of Port Coquitlam website is a great place to begin when thinking about starting a business in Port Coquitlam. The website has many resources that will help you, prior to ‘opening your doors’. Click here to visit the City of Port Coquitlam’s Starting a Business page.
Get to know the area… and your competition
If you don’t already live in Port Coquitlam or the Tri-Cities area, it is a good idea to spend some time in the city. This will allow you to get a sense of the successful businesses that are currently operating in the area – including businesses that you will be in competition with. If your business is going to have a store front, you can use this time to search out potential areas for your business to operate.
Create a Website and Social Media Pages
If you’re thinking about starting a business in 2016 – you MUST have a website and social media pages. There is a vast amount of competing businesses in Port Coquitlam and the surrounding areas.
In order to be discovered by potential customers online, you must have an experienced, knowledgeable online marketing company who will be able to optimize your website and social media pages for optimal rankings.
Your online marketing company should be able to:
- Help your website gain top position in search result lists
- Perform keyword research to discover vital search combinations for your business
- Perform meta and title tag development
- Establish HTML code optimization
- Perform inbound link building
If this sounds like something that you will need help with, contact Longevity Graphics for a FREE 1-Hour Consultation. We specialize in working with local clients and helping them rank for their industry specific keywords.
Are you considering outsourcing your website design?
Below are some Pro’s and Con’s of hiring a local web designer vs. outsourcing your web design.
Pro’s of hiring a local web designer:
- Personalized, one-on-one service
- It’s easy to get in contact with your web designer if you have any questions
- You know exactly who will be working on the design of your website and social media pages
Con’s of hiring a local web designer:
- Well, we sure can’t think of any con’s!
- Sign up your business on the Shop PoCo BIZ Directory; Click Here
- Join the Port Coquitlam Business Improvement Association (BIA); Click Here
- Join the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce; Click Here
- Contact Longevity Graphics for a FREE 1-Hour Consultation to learn about the online marketing services they offer; Click Here