If you are all about visuals, Pinterest is the social media site to be on. It is a large social media platform that gathers everyone’s interests in one place. This is the perfect place to be if you want to know the current and up and coming trends. Their mission is to “connect everyone in the world through the ‘things’ they find interesting.”
Pinterest is beautifully organized by its pin-board/grid type layout which makes it visually stimulating.
Pinterest home page
It is easy to use and allows you to share your hobbies, interest, events and more. Pinterest provides you with a ‘pin it’ button to add to your bookmarks. This allows you to ‘pin’ any image, blog, or website directly onto Pinterest. You can also create different categories that suit your interests, plus you also have the option to share your ‘pins’ on Twitter or Facebook. Another cool and handy thing about Pinterest is that the images are a direct link to the original source.
Pin Board Categories
My experience with Pinterest has been more than awesome. I must say I’m pretty much addicted to it because I can find everything that I like on one site. What’s even better is that people are very active and supportive on Pinterest. My first ‘pin’ ended up getting more than 140 repins within less than an hour, 84 likes with more than 30 follows, in one day. I must say, it’s pretty liberating to see that people ‘repin,’ like and follow you because they also have the same interest.
Here are a few reason why you should use Pinterest?
- Most people use it on a personal level. It is an archive for all your interests. It’s also a really good source for inspiration.
- Businesses are now getting a hold of Pinterest and its social media marketing and SEO value
- It’s great for crowd sourcing – encouraging your fans to create pins revolving around your products/brand
- Great to promote certain giveaways or contests
- Ability to drive traffic to your website by adding keywords and links in your description
- By adding ‘pin it’ buttons on your website allows Pinterest users to automatically pin your website onto their Pinterest pin boards.
So, I suggest you get yourself started with Pinterest, explore and connect with people who are interested in the same things as you. For businesses, I suggest you to experiment with different strategies that can drive in new customers or traffic to your website. Pinterest allows room for you to be creative with your branding approach. Until next time, Go and PIN your INTEREST.