Who You Are
- Do you want to work for an award-winning agency?
- Are you a Web Developer with a minimum of 5 years of experience?
- Do you have a minimum of 3 years working with PHP and WordPress?
- Are you familiar with SEO best practices for web development?
- Are you looking to take your career to the next level in a serious role?
- Do you consider yourself a leader?
- Are you detail oriented and dependable?
- Are you tired of commuting downtown?
If you answered YES to the above questions, you might be a good fit for this position.
Who We Are
We are an award-winning internet marketing and web design located in Coquitlam along the beautiful Fraser River. Our team is made up of local professionals who are experts in their roles. Our clients are local trades people, business professionals and non-profit organizations.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Web Developer who understands SEO best practices when it comes to web development to join our team. We value real-time, face-to-face interaction between team members to allow collaboration, be part of a team as well as to ensure project deadlines are met and each team member has the support and training that they need. Subcontractors will not be considered, and telecommuting is not an option.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
The successful candidate will be working with our COO and Project Coordinator as a part of our development team. This role will include building new websites, organizing website projects, and custom coding when required, in addition to other tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have the ability to think outside the box and take control to ensure tasks are completed while providing terrific customer service. We are looking for a leader.
You Can Demonstrate The Following:
- The ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly in an ever changing environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Ability to speak directly with customers. Every member of our team spends a few hours each month answering support questions, having 1-on-1 calls with clients, and responding to client feedback.
- Capability to contribute positively to teamwork and the projects.
- Problem solving skills. Be resourceful and able to teach junior co-workers.
- Experience developing in an agency environment would be an asset.
- Have 5 or more years of experience building custom WordPress themes/plugins.
- 3 or more years of PHP experience.
- Experience with building custom WooCommerce themes would be an asset.
- Have a good understanding of CSS (we’re using sass) and write organized sass code.
- Experience with bootstrap 4 sass would be an asset.
- Experience with task runners or bundler such as gulp or webpack
- You are comfortable using GIT-centric flow.
** Minimum of 3 years PHP and WordPress experience is required. Ecommerce experience will be considered an asset. **
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established company.
Please send your cover letter, resume and link to your portfolio to [email protected].