Who You Are
- Are you a Web Developer with 5 years of experience or more?
- Do you have experience working on web development projects and taking control of the projects from start to finish?
- Do you take charge in making sure the project gets completed?
- Are you detail oriented and dependable?
- Do you hold yourself and others accountable for the work produced?
- Have you managed a team of developers?
- Do you have basic SEO knowledge?
- Have you implemented basic SEO strategies on a website?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you might be a good fit for this position.
Who We Are
We are a web design and internet marketing firm located in Coquitlam, along the beautiful Fraser River. Our team is made up of local professionals who are experts in their roles. Our clients are hardworking people who make an honest living working in the service industries. We use ethical strategies in everything we do to help our clients grow their businesses.
We are currently looking for a Senior Web Developer to join our team. We value real-time, face-to-face interaction between team members to ensure project deadlines are met and everyone understands their roles. Subcontractors will not be considered and telecommuting is not an option.
This is a full-time, in-house position with benefits.
The successful candidate will be working as the Senior Web Developer overseeing and working as part of our development team. This role will include building new websites, providing maintenance to existing websites, managing our servers, responding to client emails, installing forms on websites and tracking the form functionality in addition to other tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have the ability to think outside the box and take control to ensure tasks are completed while providing terrific customer service.
You can demonstrate the following:
- The ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly in an ever changing environment
- Success in troubleshooting problems and issues as they arise
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Ability to speak directly with customers. Every member of our team spends a few hours each month answering support questions, having 1-on-1 calls with clients, and responding to client feedback.
Responsibilities will include
- Overseeing the development team including: training, project management, troubleshooting, offering support when needed as well as conducting reviews
- Building new websites once the design has been approved within a set timeline
- Updating customer’s existing websites via WordPress as well as hand built HTML and PHP websites
- Assisting in website development and using various CMS’s
- Optimizing HTML elements of websites
- Editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages
- Backing up client websites and updating plugins on a regular basis
- Managing our servers, clients email and hosting accounts
- Basic SEO implementation
- Other tasks as required by the team
** CSS, HTML, PHP and WordPress experience required. **
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established company.
Please send your cover letter, resume and link to your portfolio to email@example.com